BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Time moving fast

March 10, 2011 A.M.

Another beautiful day, another day of work, but this time we worked on the same house as we did on Tuesday. I continued to work on the roof, this time attaching the shingles. With some of the girls, we figured out a very fast method for hammering those shingles onto the roof. Time passed by really fast working on that project, and lunchtime was here before we knew it, together with some raindrops. Though, who would have thought that a couple of raindrops would turn into a semi-storm hurricane style. It was interesting to see how the rain would get heavier and heavier while we were enjoying our sandwiches from inside the vans.





Fortunately, the rain didn’t last too long, and after we had finished with our lunches there were only clouds in the sky. We had to let the roof dry off, so the ones who were working on the roof had to switch jobs. Now we had to finish painting the inside of a neighboring house that was also under construction. Needless to say, it was nearly impossible not to get drops of paint in your shirt, hands, or even face. But even that was fun, and since there were more people working on the painting of that house, we finished it faster. Another day of work was already gone. Really? Where did those 7 hours of work go?



This has been an awesome trip. Getting to know all these people has been great, and has made the work easier and almost unnoticeable. Best thing is that I feel I’ve made some good friends, and that’s something I really appreciate. And the weather? The weather is just icing on the cake. I am glad I chose to spend my spring break working with Habitat for Humanity; I’d do it again if I have the chance.

--Jose Olavarria

0 comments: