BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, March 19, 2011

And it begins.



Sunday, March 6, 2011 A.M.

12:00 am – Awake

2:27 am – Awake

3:45 am – Shower, pack, rush, forget camera and run back up, then head over to the shuttle stop.

4:20 am – Super Shuttle shows up and Alicia, Natalie and I hop on with the four other people. One gentleman was particularly lively and told us the Duquesne soccer team was going to be picked up next. Alicia and I got our hopes up, only to be disappointed by the realization of the joke.

5:25 am – At the check-in desk, Natalie speaks with the lovely employee and gets name changes taken care of and then the three of us head over to Security. When we got to the bottom of the escalator it was so packed that we couldn’t really go anywhere. Then like a beacon of light in the early morning dusk a security personnel comes over and directs us to the almost barren ‘Alternate Security Check Point’.

5:37 am – Body scanner checks to make sure I’m not hiding anything. Then I had to get strip searched…not really but I did have to take my shoes off. After we got through security we just went right over to A1 to catch our flight. The rest of the group at this point had just gotten on their shuttle after it not showing up. Needless to say JW came to the rescue and drove them all getting them to the terminal just in time.

6:30 am – Boarding begins. Alicia has parfait in hand, Natalie is herding, Jose and Shay are chit chatting excitedly and the others are in the back of the line. We get in the plane, sit down, and get ready for the ride.

6:50 am – Departure time has come. It seemed like we were going to go right away, but the snow came!! We waited in line three rimes to get de-iced and then the Pilot came on the intercom and told us we weren’t going to be able to take off for at least 45 minutes. I immediately took that opportunity to fall asleep.



9:34 am – Alicia shook me awake to tell me we were finally about to go. I woke up and lost consciousness for the next two hours and heard many songs on my iPod I didn’t know I had. When I was awake I looked out the window (easy because I was next to it) and was amazed at the beauty of the clouds. It was almost like a white carpet with a large never ending blue wall above it. When we got closer the houses and pools came into view. Its incredible to look at how planned out the land was with developments and ponds and other such things.

--Rachel Norris

0 comments: